For puppies 9-14 weeks old
1st two sets of Distemper/Combo vaccinations are a minimum requirement - Rabies Vaccination is NOT required as puppies are too young.
This May Very Well Be The Most Important Thing You Ever Do With Your Dog!
Socialization at an early age, in a safe, clean & supervised environment is critical for all puppies!
PLEASE CLICK HERE IF YOU ARE UNDECIDED ABOUT ATTENDING A PK PROGRAM.
This class is a basic developmental training course with emphasis on socialization skills (dog to human and dog to dog) and also an introduction to obedience work specifically tailored for the younger pup. Our class is structured for the first time dog owner; to those who know the importance of a Puppy Kindergarten program and also to anyone wanting to stay informed with the latest information. We cover a different topic each week, such as Vaccinations, Spaying/Neutering, Breeding, First Aid and Emergencies, Grooming, Boarding/Kenneling, Destructive Chewing, Housebreaking and Nutrition for the younger puppy. We give your puppy a valuable head start to basic obedience commands taylored for the younger puppy such as Attention Conditioning Exercises, Sit, Down, Stand, Stay & Coming When Called. Puppy playtimes, Puppy Passarounds, Puppy Massage Therapy, T-Touch and Agility Confidence Building Sessions are also a part of this unique 7 week course.
CLASS SCHEDULE & PRICING
7 week course
Orientation followed by Six (6) One Hour Classes with your puppy
Call 973-853-7730 or Email Dory at firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll!
Orientation is mandatory for everyone enrolling into our Puppy Kindergarten or Beginner's Basic Level I Obedience Courses. This 1 1/2 hour session is the only class you come to WITHOUT your dog. The topics will include but are not limited to:
- Understanding how dogs learn and effectively communicating with them
- Learn to read your dog's body language
- Pack Hierarchy & Structure within your home
- Relationship Check
- Vocabulary for training your dog
- Learning Theories briefly explained
- What is Positive Reinforcement?
- What is Negative Reinforcement?
- What is Positive Punishment?
- What is Negative Punishment?
- What is Lure Reward Training?
- What is Operant Conditioning?
- What is Classical Conditioning?
- Basic Commands explained and demonstrated
- Three (3) Basic Elements to Focus on DAILY with your dog
- Preventing and/or Ending Inappropriate Behavior
- Destructive Behavior
- Crate Training
- Separation Anxiety
There is a question and answer period for ALL questions and/or concerns following the orientation.
"Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails."